Monday, October 12, 2009

All-natch-err-ale

I've decided to become healthier--for several reasons. First of all, I am already preeettty healthy, but I know there is more than I can do:

-I think I have hypoglycemia. Which sucks real bad. I have noticed since I was little that I always sweat when I eat processed sugar( i.e. candy, cake, etc.). I never really knew what it was caused by until the day before yesterday. Apparently, when people are hypoglycemic, they have low blood sugar. Makes no sense, right? How can I have low blood sugar when I eat plenty of sugar?? Well, when I eat processed sugar, my body makes more insulin than a normal person, which, in turn, eats up the processed sugar too quickly leaving me with an off-set balance of too much insulin and too little sugar. Eventually, if I keep on eating much processed sugar, my body will eventually stop making insulin altogether, which would make me diabetic. SO-- even though it really sucks, I can't eat processed sugar. : ( But really, it will be better for me in the long run anyways.

-I've also gotten migraines for a loooong time. I went to the doctor about a year ago and had all kinds of tests to determine what triggered them. After the testing, they couldn't find anything wrong and just diagnosed me with chronic migraines. The doctor gave me a medication to get rid of them and it has worked for a year. However, I hate hate hate having to rely on a medicine to be happy, ya know? It just stinks. And if I miss a dose, I get all kinds of migraines all through the day. SO-- I am going to try to ween myself off of the medication and try different natural cures at home to see if one will work for me instead. I really hope it works. : )

That's all for now. Just thought I'd share!

No comments: