Monday, November 16, 2009

a long overdue high-pitched mew

Long time, no write! Lots going on here, surprise, surprise.

Really, life is good. I'm super duper busy, and even though I get stressed at times, when I look at it from a bird's eye view, my life really is terrific...even if I may be "college broke". lol. I'm so thankful for everything I have and everyone I've met.

Doing lots of planning for my "after college career". fun fun. Applying to grad schools, not sure where I'll end up. Filling out papers for several schools, but probably won't apply to all. I'm still trying to figure out which ones I think I could be super happy at. It may end up that I can't even afford grad school, but that's alright, too. I'm going to the Midwest Theatre auditions in the Spring. I'm also looking into other auditions during grad school auditions-- Going to Chicago in February to audition for the Central School of Speech and Drama in London!! Woop woop! Might audition for others, too... might as well since I'm already there, right?

Doing a show right now-- Keely and Du by Jane Martin. I'm playing "Keely", a woman who was raped by her ex-husband and then kidnapped by "Operation Retrieval", a religious extremist group that kidnaps women who are going to have abortions and forces them to give birth to the child. It's an intense show, but it's really well written. It shows both sides equally--something not many writers are very good at doing. It's hard to look at things objectively when you have a strong opinion on something.

Mary Kae is going through Chemotherapy right now for her pancreatic cancer. The chemo is actually working on her metastatic pancreatic cancer in the liver for the moment. When that gets cleaned up, they will head into the pancreas to remove the tumor. This is a very difficult time right now, but everyone is keeping the faith. I'm sure it's especially hard for her. I don't know if I would be able to be as strong as she is. She really is a strong woman and I really look up to her for that. She's gone through this before (breast cancer several years ago) and she beat it. I know she can and will do this again. You can't help but ask yourself 'why?'... Why would the same person have to go through something so trying more than once in their life? It really isn't fair. I'm trying my hardest to be there for Fraiz. Sometimes there isn't much I can do other than give a shoulder. She will defeat this. I know it. Please keep her in your prayers.

In my last post, I talked about the possibility of me being hypoglycemic. Well, I got it checked out and my doctor thinks that it (the sweating) is caused by high levels of msg--something prevalant in hard candies.... my favorite candies... Gotta cut it back. : /

I got new headshots done by a fantastic photographer-- Allan Williams. You must check him out if you're looking for new headshots! www.AWilliamsPhotograph.com.

Also-- Another great photographer, Tim Frazier, is especially great with artsy shots and recently returned to TN from his 3 year stay in Japan. Check it out: www.fantim.org

Fraiz and I recently had our 2 year anniversary. I know, I know--"aaaww". lol. It really is great. We have our moments when we want to rip each other's hair out, but, man, when it's good, it's good. He makes me so happy. I've never had this kind of chemistry with anyone. When we aren't "go go go" all the time and we just have time to just chill and be goofy with each other, those are the moments I live for. When I'm sitting there with him doing absolutely nothing (lol!) and know that I wouldn't rather be anywhere else with anyone else, that's when I know we're doing something right. I know it sounds super cheesy... but I can't help it... : )

Working on some cool new things with WMTS. Managing a radio station definitely keeps me busy. Although I'm not looking for a career in radio when I get out, I could definitely see myself doing some part-time work in between shows and whatnot. I love it.

Starting my internship soon with a great guy named Tyson Bowman, owner of Guitar Shark Music. I'm really looking forward to it. I love when people are ambitious and just go for things, ya know? Especially in these times...

I can't believe I was able to work out my graduation for BOTH of my degrees in May!! I'm super stoked! I thought I would only be able to graduate with my Theatre degree in May, finishing my Music degree over the summer... However, I'm going to be taking 28 hours... Ah! No, that's not a typo. But it will be worth it. Hard work, baby!! I live fo' it!

Peace for now.

2 comments:

jimmysudekum said...

28 hours in the summer. You've officially lost your mind.

alli said...

Yeah, not yet, but I will!! lol