Thursday, November 19, 2009

chuggin' right along

Worked super duper late last night, however, it was well worth my time. At first, it was completely and utterly slow and I wasn't making any money..lame... and then, it stayed slow, but the people I got to wait on were incredible! Seriously--Two people left me $20...which is ridiculous...another couple left me $10... I guess they picked up on my telepathic rays letting them know how broke I am.. lol. I love people like that. : )

I may be working on Thanksgiving. I got my brother a job at SNS, too, and he works that night, so I might just go ahead and work as well. I still have the daytime with the fam.

It looks beautiful outside today! I'm stoked. I got my bike back too!! Which is AWESOME!! I missed her very very much...I hate cars, especially mine that is slowing falling apart. I can't wait until I live in a city where I don't need a car at all. Seriously, the subway and the metro, even though fairly dirty, turned out to be my best friends. Sooo fast!

I was talking to some guys last night about naturally carbonated water. One of the guys was asking if we had soda water and we don't, so.. then a guy was giving him crap, because soda water is so "unnatural"...Then I told him there are actually NATURALLY carbonated springs. Isn't that crazy? Sounds like a weird concept, but foo realz..

Then we got (somehow) on the topic of busking, which totally took me back to Dusseldorf this past summer. Fraiz, Mike, and I went busking and made 40 Euro in like 3 hours! We just sung and played some pop songs. It was ridiculous. It makes me want to just pack a bag and fly to Europe to busk and backpack. That alone would pay for my trip, so why not? It's interesting to me the different perspectives people have in the US and Europe. In the US, if you see someone busking on the street, they are usually looked down on or considered "bums". In Europe, people actually look at that as entertainment! Granted, you have to still be good... But there are plenty of good artists playing around Nashville, but still..."bums".

Speaking of performing, songwriting has kinda taken the backseat in my life for the moment. Sometimes I just have to do that with certain things... I can't do everything at once! gosh. I'm going to try to start writing again though. I have to write a song for my popular music class-- perhaps I'll start there!

Good day, everyone!

No comments: