Wednesday, September 8, 2010

phew

What a day! My third day of grad school and I am already feeling incredibly tired. But I look at that as a good thing! The program is already pushing me and I feel like I've already learned so much--and not just about theatre either, about myself! It's bizarre.

These past few days were labeled as "Inductions", referring to each session, such as voice, acting, movement, and dance--but they were by no means "inductions". We just jumped right in and got to work really. I kind of left having many questions about our schedule and specifics of projects as in what we are going to be doing after today and yesterday, but I feel like time will tell? ha. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as I'm getting something out of it...which I have intensely done thus far. Maybe tomorrow when we meet to have tea and biscuits we will learn a bit more. Everyone on the course seems so lovely and the teachers as well. I feel like we're all going to bond :)... hey, some of us already have even! It's nice to have people that I feel comfortable around being as I am millions of miles away from everyone in my life.

As for settling in, I am definitely still a bit jetlagged and quite sick from the change in weather. I am praying this goes away soon (hopefully by the morning!) as I have to perform tomorrow. I've been drinking lots of tea with lemon and honey, water, and OJ, so I'm hoping the natural methods will help with this one! I finally set up a bank account over here which is a nice relief, but I haven't gotten a card yet, so I can't get a phone... sooo... waiting!

Other than that, my room is beginning to feel more like MY room. And my flat, very much like home.

No comments: