Thursday, June 17, 2010

Back From the Roo

Well, I survived this past weekend at Bonnaroo. I had ten million times more fun this year than I did two years ago (not that I didn't have a great time then, too.. just sayin). I saw something like 22 bands or so... The Flaming Lips, Kings of Leon, Tori Amos, Phoenix, Medeski Martin and Wood, Stevie Wonder, Jay-Z, Dave Matthews, The Avett Brothers, Weezer, Regina Spektor, just to name a few. Absolutely amazing.

Also been working on London stuff. Semi-freaking out at this point because I have to reapply for my student loans. There was a new law passed regarding the way student loans are disbursed that keeps me from being able to reapply until July 1st... which is a little too close for comfort for me to the time I am leaving... And I can't apply for my student visa until my loans go through, so everything is going to be very last minute and incredibly stressful next month... I also have to set up an overseas bank account and yada yada. In a nutshell... lots to do...quite stressful... but crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Also need to get rid of a LOT of my stuff... thinking about doing a yard sale if I can find time.

Been studying up on London lingo... It's probably a good thing that I know that "pants" refers to underwear.. not pants.

Off to do laundry and other productive things. Then hi-ho to work.

No comments: