Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Down Time

I've really enjoyed being out of school and having quite a bit of my daytime open. It's nice to be able to have time to actually be productive doing things I want to.

I also (unfortunately or fortunately) have had quite a bit of down time at work. It has kind of been driving me crazy... like LITERALLY nothing to do--everything is clean and ready for people, bluh-- soooo, as I was standing lonesome in the workstation pondering my wish of somebody walking through that door and sitting in my crummy section last night, I realized that so much of my time was going to waste....... I reached into my pocket and pulled out my "Guest Check" book and started writing... you know, a stream of consciousness kind of thing. After i rapidly wrote for about five minutes (as people were walking past me staring with concern), I woke up. It was like everything around me had stopped for a moment. Time stood still. And it felt so nice. Writing down all of the random thoughts in my head was such a release. I knew then why it's important to write more often (hence my two blogs)--Even if no one reads a word, it is out of my head and makes sense to me. As I reread over what I had written in the workstation, I felt so calm and at ease....

No comments: