Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Since I'm trying to write everyday....

Having the other blog to keep myself on track with my goals is going to be very effective. I can feel it.

Not to complain or anything---because my life is amazing and anything that could be an inconvenience to that fact at the moment is more than likely trivial....which it is--- but I need to get this off my chest... I started a new job a couple of weeks and, overall, I like the job. I enjoy serving more to "guests" than double steakburgers and fattening milkshakes loaded with sugar goodness... Like serving wine and dishes that the chef takes a LOT of pride in (trust me, this guy gets pissed if a dish comes up looking the slightest bit off)... Anyways, I have had a bit of difficulty dealing with the people that I work with. Not ALL of them. Some of them are really fantastic and genuine people. But there a few. Mostly a "clique" of girls. It sucks that it has to be girls, because I really hate when girls are catty to other girls... but I feel like that is most definitely what's going on here. I mean, really it's a lot of insecurities flying around that restaurant... and I know that. And I've been trying to not let that bring me down or get to me in any way... But sometimes it just bothers me. I'm the kind of person that would prefer to just be friends with everyone...and, if not friends, at least be cool around each other and be able to work within a friendly atmosphere. I feel like I've done everything I can to make this happen. But it hasn't. This one girl in particular even had the nerve to tell me that she didn't think I should joke around with her yet because I "don't know her well enough"... If that isn't an insecurity, I don't know what is. Then she gave me a spiel about her being older than I am and more "cultured"...because she's lived in other countries or some crap like that... Okay, Ms. 28-year-old-still-stuck-serving-in-a-restaurant-girl. Stop being so full of yourself. Please. It's ruining my time at work. I'm not saying that work should necessarily just be about having a good time or anything, but if you're stuck in a restaurant for six hours (or more) running around busting your butt for people, can't you at least try to make it a little more enjoyable???

I really am trying to give it a shot... I am. I pray it gets better, because I do not want to dread going into work everyday this summer. : ( That would be sad.

On another note, I had a conversation with Kelly Clarkson last night at work. She was eating at another server's table and she stopped me as I was walking by and asked me if I liked the movie "Sister Act"... This chick OBVIOUSLY did not know how much I freaking LOVE that movie... : ) "Especially the second one, "Back in the Habit"', I told her. "See, this girl knows what's up!" Our conversation went on to discuss whether "The Goonies" was more popular than "Sister Act"...and ended with whether Lauryn Hill was more popular than Wyclef Jean. The latter we never came to a conclusion on. Or, rather, it was more of a "Wyclef is popular among people who pay attention to producers" and "Lauryn is generally more well known among pop radio fans" kinda thing.

Well, off to accomplish some more goals... or something... then work. : ) Befriend my new blog, too! I would love feedback and motivation. : ) www.thesenext5years.blogspot.com

No comments: