Sunday, August 8, 2010

When I am that cute old lady.

I have done everything in my power to follow my dream of going to this dang grad school in London and although I feel like it's going to happen (because I am overly optimistic about everything all the time), I still know that there is a slight possibility that everything might not turn out quite as hoped for... and this sucks... and I hate even admitting it... but it could happen...

So. I joke around about moving to Paris and living above Shakespeare and Company. But, in all seriousness, I am going to do something. Something enjoyable. I refuse to look back and have regrets. I don't want to stay here. I want to leave. I crave adventure. I crave meeting interesting people. Seeing interesting places. Doing things I've never done or ever imagined that I would do. Growing old? Pshaw. I want my body to grow old eventually, yes. I want to be that super cute old lady. But I want my heart to stay the same. I always want to want. Desire to do the unimaginable. Life is simply too short. I don't mean 'want' as in want what I can't have and not ever be content; I just never want to be content with settling into what I don't want. And what is content to me is wanting more and reaching for that want. Adventure. On this massive, beautiful place we call Earth. It is just so beautiful and there is so much out there to experience. I can't just sit back and let it pass me by.

So whatever happens happens, right? Whatever that saying means... Let's rephrase-- Whatever happens on whichever path my life leads me is going to be amazing and adventurous and I am not going to have any regrets...when I am that cute old lady...

3 comments:

Ouren said...

I'm rooting for you! (routing?)

alli said...

ha. thanks, Wolfgang! :)

J.E.R. said...

In the 23 years I've lived-a simple life I've had-I have not a single regret. There is no point and should only be excitement in looking forward to the new things we can experience!

GET 'EM GIRL!