Saturday, May 30, 2009

a relaxing, much-needed hiatus

Today has been so so wonderful. Well, starting from last night really.. I went to bed at a decent time, got up on my own time, having gotten the first full complete's night sleep I've had in a long time, and waking up without an alarm!! I had my phone turned off the majority of the day, which factored into the relaxation. I'm house-sitting for Kim, so my day simply consisted of: exercising, reading, writing, running with Sawtelle, and listening to music(Beethoveen, mostly... except when I decided to listen to Schoenberg, fell asleep, and woke up to the extrenuous sounds of "Pierrot Lunaire" when it reached an incredibly forte moment...ugh). As far as working out goes, now that I HAVE TIME!! YAY!!... I am going to be even more hardcore. lol...

I'm still working on Sophie's Choice. It's a loooong book...good, but long... and I am very a.d.d. when it comes to reading. I am actually reading about 5 different books right now... a few pages of each daily.: As I Lay Dying, a book on African history, Collected Poems of Plath, along with her college journals, a book of poetry by Emily Dickinson... hmm.. oh, and I read some Self magazines today.... I'm kind of a bit of a health nut. I just enjoy being knowledgable in an area that COULD POSSIBLY DECIDE THE LENGTH OF MY LIFE! lol. By the way, the book Fantastic Voyage by Kurzweil is great. So great that it convinced me to take a total of about 12 vitamins daily... sometimes more. I mean, if you can do something to make yourself healthier, why not??

After a beautiful day, I have decided to start scheduling myself "me" days. It really is necessary. And the way that my life is always busy and scheduled... it would be necessary to plan my selfism. That's just the way my life goes. Maybe one day working my butt off will actually pay off!! ha!

No comments: