Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thoughts on the Holocaust

Did a reading of Dear Finder last night. Twas wonderful. It's weird that we're doing it at MT this Fall... Not too long ago, I randomly started doing research on the Holocaust. I had this weird overwhelming interest. I think it's because I knew there was more to it than my mind knew about. We are raised with the term just thrown around... like "oh yeah... the Holocaust... Hitler and the Jews... Yeah, I know about that." We become so desensitized and disconnected from the idea. When I started doing research, I definitely learned a bit more than I had bargained for. It's a horrible though that so many people can do such a terrible thing and no one actually stands up to tell them how wrong it is. The Jews reached out to every other country during that time and no one would help them. They were just waiting for another country to do it...and waiting...and waiting... and waiting...

No comments: